Don't act like y'all don't know where we be neither.



Subscribe in a reader

Friday, November 5, 2010

Cast of Characters

I think this has gone on long enough without y'all havin' some idea of what these people look like. These characters who work so hard to make my material existence the absurdity that it is...need faces.

wren

Wren - A Southern lady of class and great taste...obviously.
She's also the wife of....

transfers 106

Allan - He is a distinguished professor of philosophy...here setting out to create what he likes to call "the beautiful negation." He's also an expert in claiming that my blog won't let him post.

ido

Adam - A Northern (not a yank** the English kind) husband, father and archeologist...and electric guitar player. Ironically Adam is most well known for his hatred of rocknroll...you can see how passionate he is on this subject in his frequent rants against the Fall.

scar

The Sister - This was the most gussied up picture I could find...musta been right after Church...maybe a wedding. Is anybody suprised to read that I recieved the following text from her lastnight..."Kiss my grits"?

(Disclaimer...to those who don't know. My sister, like the other ladies in this post is also a lovely and gracious Southern Lady...she does not smoke...even cartoon cigarettes, does not have a tatoo, and doesn't shop for herself at Baby Gap. She is good humored about everything except her fabulous looks.
The red hair though...is very real.
I aaam not wri-ting thiiis undeer dureeessss).

IMGP3829

The Boy - What a rock star. (He doesn't wear that outfit everyday...his Momma won't let me get away with that...it was football team day at his little school)

IMGP0003_resize

Martha - the very lovely, beautiful, and gracious Martha...organizing something.

That's them y'all...that's what I'm dealing with.

6 comments:

  1. Is that really the best picture you had of me???? I could have hooked you up. And you better hope "The Husband" doesn't see that cigarette...he doesn't like cartoon ones either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my stars...I am just now seeing the tattoo! And what on earth does "Baby Gap" mean? You're dead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well now I just feel silly.... Post whatever you will--it's not like I can stop you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You could stop me by killin' me...like you threatened to do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Think yourself lucky, thats not even me! He just looked for the campest pic on google images I reckon, got pretty close too though, I'll give him that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're the only one I didn't use an actual picture for.

    I didn't think it would be sporting since you were the only one who wouldn't have the opportunity to do me bodily harm.

    ReplyDelete