Don't act like y'all don't know where we be neither.



Subscribe in a reader

Thursday, November 11, 2010

I am real...really I am

I just got back from the Sister's. We get together for supper every Thursday.

I'm standin' in her kitchen wonderin' why we're havin' chicken when she promised me this morning we'd be havin' breakfast for supper....I'm thinkin' about grits when she says to me...

"Where did you find that hideous painting?"

"I painted it."

"You painted it?"

"Yeah...so it's hideous huh?"

"No..NO...No...it's good...I just you know..I thought it was a real painting."

"It is a real painting."

"You know what I mean."

"I'm sure that I don't."

"Like it was painted by a real person."

"I am real."

Well what to think about that?

Evidently I've created something real...which is nice even if it is really hideous.

On the other hand...it's realness is exactly what caused her to think I hadn't done it.

hmmmmmmmmmmm

"Hideous? Really?"

"Well no...I just..I thought it was a real picture you know? Seriously."

2 comments:

  1. Yeah I know what you meant.

    For a real person it would be hideous, but for me...it's pretty good.

    ReplyDelete