Don't act like y'all don't know where we be neither.



Subscribe in a reader

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Post #22

I was talkin' with the boy this morning about Christmas.

"Christmas is when we celebrate Jesus's birthday."

It wasn't a rant against commercialization or any of that...presents are fun, an inflatible Santy Clause that pops his head out of a travel trailer is fun, tacky Christmas displays in store windows are fun...besides he's two.

Even at two he knows what a birthday is and he at least knows the name Jesus...so I figured he could form some kind of concept in his head.

He did...

"I ['ll] get my party hat."

So I guess now Christmas won't be Christmas in his tiny mind unless we all gather around his little table wearing cone-shaped party hats...helium balloons tied to our wrists...eating manger themed cupcakes.

Why not. I love cupcakes.

5 comments:

  1. If you want to pimp your site on my blog...hang around for a while and and get to know somebody. We'll discuss it...and the going rate.

    Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does the boy have a signed permission slip to eat that manger themed cupcake?

    ReplyDelete
  3. If he don't...there won't be no pictures on the internet. You can be sure of that. :)

    Welcome to active participation...lurker.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A manger themed birthday you say? I wonder if I can make that happen for my big 2-5 in 2011. In September. Whatever, I thought it was cool.

    Lor

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you remember the Manger Babies episode of King of the Hill?

    Easily one of the best.

    ReplyDelete