Don't act like y'all don't know where we be neither.



Subscribe in a reader

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Road Trip - Gulf Coast

After a few days back from up north...I was on the road again.

This time headed south to the Mississippi Gulf Coast on business.

IMGP3976

A little beer and cigs store north of Saucier where I usually take a break...

IMGP3993

For those of you who don't live in the U.S., every state has it's own peculiar liquor laws. In Mississippi you can't buy cigarettes or beer at a package store (liquor store)...so a lot of times owners will set up a c-store next to their booze stand. You can usually get a moonpie or a pack of nabs in these places, but really they exist to sell cigarettes and beer. Dixieland, obviously, is just such a place.

IMGP3981

Did y'all know the Queen of England get's her hair did in Biloxi?

IMGP3969

IMGP3970

Biloxi is really a pretty little place. There are still some empty lots here and there but...it's cleaned up real smart.

IMGP3973

They've done a nice job on this old building.

IMGP3967

The back door of Spanish Trail books...great collection of old Modern Library books. The owners a little touched maybe

"Do y'all sell mylar covers?"

"No..you know you can get mylar now and make your own."

Yeah well I reckon I could buy fabric and make my own pilla cases too, but...

Anyway, I picked up a clean copy of English Poetry 1900-1950: An Assessment by Chsisson.

Ocean Springs...just lovely, that's all.

IMGP3983

IMGP3987

Reckon they'll sell you a cokecola in that place? Get you a pretty good cheeseburger and milkshake too I imagine.

I don't know how people live without havin live oaks around...

IMGP3982

An old spread headed out toward Pascagoula.

IMGP3974

Hard to think about it, but all these places were nearly erased five years ago...not because of a busted levy either, but a 30 ft. storm surge.

I did some business in between takin' my point and shoot pictures...then it was time to get on back...

IMGP3998

6 comments:

  1. Cool pics, that white building is so elegant, beautifull!

    man, commenting on a blogger blog is such an arse ache if your not a blogger user yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I've been told. I changed the setting so anybody could post...don't know.

    The picture of the Taylor Building is a complete accident. I had know idea I'd gotten it in such good light.

    This is because I don't have the foggiest notion about how to take pictures...just point and click.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sunset shot is the bomb.

    http://ficklecattle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used a special techinque for that shot...I rolled down the passanger window and snapped shots as I crossed the bridge...never taking my eyes off the road.

    It's just a pretty place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Since you are so very desperate for comments, I will take pity and leave one.... Your pictures are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm just trying to convince vistors that...despite your antics...this is a warm and inviting place.

    ReplyDelete