Don't act like y'all don't know where we be neither.



Subscribe in a reader

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Word Count

5:53pm Central Standard Time (zone 6 Zulu)

23

Approx. 1175 to go.


6:11pm CST (z6)

0

6:18pm CST (z6)

32

Update: Just got a 24 hour extension from the editor...who laughed at me.

6:34pm CST (z6)

67

7:05pm CST (z6)

67

Time to go home.

11:26pm (z6)

67

Friday, Feb. 18

3:34pm (z6)

116

6:42pm (z6)

139

6:54pm (z6)

229

7:02pm (z6)

288

Cutest sentence yet...the vomit inducing "That's why they call them farm teams."

7:18pm (z6)

414

Segues...I got yer segue

7:40pm (z6)

583 Clowns!

Halfway there...and that includes a smoke break.

7:49p (z6)

715

I am a maniac...it's like I'm in a trance.

8:13pm (z6)

774

Now that the coffee-jerks (they aren't jerks but coffee-jerk sounds better than barista) know I'm being paid enormous sums of money to write they're trying to distract me by talking about records...pure avarice.

Feb. 19

8:50am (z6)

664

Yep...I shut the computer down last night without saving the last couple of paragraphs.

11:09

830

No trance-like state this morning...a slog.

11:40am (z6)

916

About 150 more teeth to pull.

11:58

933

How am I supposed to focus when there are so many TI and Jay Z videos on the youtube?

5:49pm (z6)

1,043

Obviously I am not just turning in a certain number of words...it actually has to be writing and a lucid story...in fact it's required. So, now I'm patchin' it together...smoothing it out.

Feb. 20

9:22am (z6)

1,101

Don't tell me you didn't see it coming...another extension. It only needs a proof-read.

Done yesterday before noon...like I said, less than 24 hours late. Soft.

4 comments:

  1. I used to love reading Hunter S. Thompson’s "Hey Rube!" on ESPN just for the odd, throw-away, gem, usually tangential - at best - to the topic at hand, or sports in general.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exhibit A:

    "It is like that permanent shitstorm that Ronald Reagan talked about in his letters to Frank Sinatra. They
    both believed very deeply in the book of Revelation. Reagan even went so far so to say to his buddy, "We are screwed, Frankie. We are the ones who will have to face the end of the World."

    They had a good time for sure, those rouges. They were life-long sports fans, but Wars kept getting in their way.

    I used to laugh when good old Dutch said ominous things like that -- but no longer. It is becoming clearer and clearer that he was right, dead right, if only because he was drawing up the blueprints himself, right in front of our eyes, and we loved him for it."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always partial to Tom Wolfe, but Thompson and I do share an absolute love of football.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deadlines - a movable feast - best washed down with scorpion bowls.

    ReplyDelete