Don't act like y'all don't know where we be neither.



Subscribe in a reader

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Lent

I'm not gonna talk about what I'm giving up for Lent...that would be inappropriate and gross in a forum like this, BUT...

I will talk about what I thought about giving up.

I thought long and hard about giving up wise-cracks for Lent...trying to be nice and thoughtfully responsive to those that comment here on the blog...mainly Adam and the Sister. Allan would get it worst of all, but he's a big Planter now and too busy with the help to stop by and share with us, so...

I couldn't do it though...first of all the Sister deserves most of what she gets. Y'all know how she talks to me. Just last night..."stuff-it moron." Two, I'm afraid after all these years Adam wouldn't know who he was talking to or how to deal with it...he might try to e-hug me. Three, NAT's on the verge of being in need of harassment...especially if he keeps laughing at the Sister's jokes. Four, you never know when Allan might stop swinging the whip for a mint julep break and make an apperance...it's just too much to ask of week soul like me.

Happy Mardi Gras.

8 comments:

  1. Lent or borrowed? It can be a fine distinction between friends. Speaking of which, I shall be giving up weak word plays ... but, oh, The Temptations are great, if you're into Motown. Ouch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are gettin' out further and further on thinner and thinner ice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I might also e-cry, with the e-hug, then we'd all be e-mbarrassed. Shit.. did I just skip the Dad part and go straight into Granda jokes?

    I'm going to bed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and Nat are gonna have to find a rimshot function...nighty night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually, I sort of want to know what you have to give up thats inappropriate and gross... wait no, my curiosity got ahead of me there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes Lent...a time for giving up inappropriate behavior.

    I can't wait for Rose Sunday...me and the boys gonna hit scrip club and knock the curtains DOWN!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. On sorry I see, you are giving up peeing in the road too?

    Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete