Don't act like y'all don't know where we be neither.



Subscribe in a reader

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

80's UK: Squeezy Cheese and Whine

In the continuing effort to smarten up The Sisters poncey tea party (and to keep her from running her friends off with Level 42 and Simply Red) we offer the 80's UK side...

Side: Ponce

1. Tainted Love - Soft Cell



2. It's My Life - Talk Talk

3. Love Plus One - Haircut 100


4. Rio - Duran Duran

Should Be...

That **** is WIZARD!

5. Material Girl - Madonna
Her moment...all down hill from that point on.

6. Bizarre Love Triangle - New Order

7. Goody Two Shoes - Adam and the Ants.

8. Doctor Martens Boots - Alexei Sayle

9. Don't You Want Me - Human League

10. Poison Arrow - ABC

11. If You Were Here - Thompson Twins


12. Just Can't Get Enough - Dee-pesh-kamode

13. I Want Candy - Bow Wow Wow

14. What is Love - Howard Jones

15. Dancing Horses - Echo and the Bunnymen

Should be...



Cheerio B***es!

11 comments:

  1. No Spandau Ballet- Gold? What is this madness! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What comes off for This Much is True?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alright, let me interrupt this (endlessly ridiculous) self-congratulation amongst music snobs.

    Watched an amazing movie last night that (shamelessly) I'd never seen: PHAROAH'S ARMY. Now that, my friend, is a Civil War film. "Get that dead Yankee out of my yard." Priceless!

    Thank God for Clyde Wilson, who turned me on to the picture.

    Now, back to the endless posts about (sigh) music.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey this is about as pedestrian as it's ever gonna get around here...you got nothin'? NOTHIN?

    I've got some links for you by the way. Bob's been busier than ever.

    I'll definitely be checking that out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tornado break's over...all accounted for and ready to resume our regularly scheduled programing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Side: Ponce. Fantastic. By a weird coincidence, I just posted something extremely 80s before coming here...

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's the Haircut 100 innit? Who could resist it?

    I see what you got over there...I may have to steal that one for my own 80's list.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you ma'am.

    We'll rejoin this century for a day or two...then I'm gonna put my own 80's list together.

    I don't know who will hate it more...Adam, Allan or Sister.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nah, it was the Soft Cell. Fantastic band, Memorabilia is one the unsung classics of the 80s. Echo & The Bunnymen tho, never grabbed me, even tho so many people love 'em. I'm off to listen to The Cure's The Top now...

    ReplyDelete
  10. What do you think Adam...should I start a Dr. Wommm Hates on Echo and the Bunnymen label?

    I'm a fan but, they aren't quite that precious to me.

    I love Crocodiles...slash and rip riffs...and then there's the over the top pomposity of Ocean Rain. Mac's a little hard to take sometimes.

    The Cure will be making an appearance round here before too long.

    ReplyDelete