Don't act like y'all don't know where we be neither.



Subscribe in a reader

Friday, July 1, 2011

Mark it Off The List

Before anything else, I've gotta be a parent here for a second. I had my proudest moment as a Daddy last weekend.

chores swimming 003

For the first time I was able to completely unload one my chores...on The Boy. Everybody said there would be moments like this...times when as a parent you are overcome with joy and anticipation for the future.

Last weekend was that moment for me.

Boy started his swimmin lessons this week too...

chores swimming 011

Our biggest problem with him is that he has NO fear of anything except being made to take a break.

"You're going to have to watch him." the instructor said without smiling.

I spent my last day on the road for June today...it's 1:02am. Mark it off the list Clowns.

Six Months Without a speeding Ticket!!! Them cops probably think I'm dead.

chores swimming 028
(The coolest sign I've ever seen)

Ate it for dinner...wore it all after noon. I'm gonna have to start carrying extra shirts...and britches.

Anyway..we're outta here tomorrow. Headed to Gulf Shores, Alabama.



First trip to the beach since nucklehead showed up.

If you need anything just contact Mary-Cathcart...she'll be lookin' after the place while we're gone.

chores swimming 049

And so you'll all have something to hate on amongst yourselves...I leave you with another masterpiece.*

chores swimming 053

I think that's everything. I'll probably be checkin' in from time to time.

Y'all have a good one.

EDIT: I finished this thing last night and have been staring at it all morning. I think this is absolutely my favorite so far (even counting the box). I don't know if it holds up balance wise, etc. (we have an actual Painter that follows the blog now...maybe he can sort that out) but I love this thing. Suggestion of objects and all.

6 comments:

  1. My two favorites of the Palace "B" sides:

    West Palm Beach

    http://youtu.be/Km0TIaOb3HI

    Horses

    http://youtu.be/FOyb-jlVp7c

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Mountain EP is mindbogglingly good.

    Martha got busted trying to swipe the set list at a Will Oldham show in Baton Rouge...Ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I come in peace: take me to your feline!

    That's a very cute cat, mind you I have a soft spot for tabbies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's a funny one. She just showed up like she had lived here all her life.

    There were like 10 wild cats that hung around in the back yard...the neighbors fed 'em. All pretty skiddish though.

    She came around one after noon and walked right in the house and plopped down on one of the central air vents...that was it.

    You'd never tell it by looking at her but she's the clumsiest cat I've ever been around.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She looks like a puma. And are you sure she's not clumsy because your lad has been at her whiskers and thrown her navigation system into chaos?

    He's an adorable kid, mind. That 'helping Daddy' shot is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's entirely possible.

    His considerable affection for her is usually expressed in what looks like an interpretive dance of a wrecking ball.

    Thank you ma'am. We think he's pretty good lookin'.

    Of course, those looks are the reason I got involved in the whitest thing I've ever done...sunrise, barefoot pictures on the beach.

    I'd rather work the phones for an hour at PBS during a pledge drive than go through that again.

    ReplyDelete