Don't act like y'all don't know where we be neither.



Subscribe in a reader

Monday, May 21, 2012

"Why Don't Y'all Deal With It?"

Y'all can thank the good Dr....in a round about sorta way...for this interlude.



Robert Lee Burnside...the Greatest of All Time Ever!

Listen to what he heard...then pick your mouth up off the floor.



He took that one to his grave.



There's no point in trying to resist the jagged beat here...just know that at about 1:25 you're heading on a one way trip to Jupiter.

An irreplaceable Southroner.

7 comments:

  1. My phone line is mended and I could listen to all of these, EF! A college boyfriend introduced me to the blues in the mid-1960s and I've loved them ever since. Thanks for these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a good spot to make a confession...I cried like a baby when he died. I didn't think I could be that bothered by the passing of somebody I didn't know...but it toremeup for a minute. A part of the South died with him.

    I'm glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it amazing how emotionally involved we become with those who sing to our souls ? I never really got the blues, but do appreciate it, so much of what we hear now has its foundations there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved that last one. Superior stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It floors me every time.

      The version you really want is on Too Bad Jim. It's electric and when it blossoms there in the middle...it's enough to make you pass out.

      Delete
  5. Faultless post. Faultless music. RL was the man, no doubt about it.

    ReplyDelete