Don't act like y'all don't know where we be neither.



Subscribe in a reader

Friday, September 14, 2012

Somebody's Desperate for Attention



Last week saw the return of Allan. We know he's only using us as an outlet to express his frustrations on Saturdays...but, we'll take what we can get.

In similar a turn of events....The Sister (aka Anonymous), has recently shown a renewed interest in Flimsy Cups. She's sent me a string of texts explaining that a) the blog is not nearly as funny as Suri's Burn Book and b) it's been especially boring since she stopped being a regular feature on these pages.

Those of you who have been around for a while know, because I have told you numerous times, that I am nothing but a loving and supportive brother to my little sister. You will also know that she normally responds to my concern and affection with derision and insults.

The latest...

"You don't add up..."

"Dufus"

"Eat it!"

"Oh good grief."

Maybe it's because her youngins are back in school...maybe football's cutting in to the Supper Club schedule? It's too early for Mistletoe meetings at the Junior League? I don't know but, she's obviously desperate for attention. To show that I harbour no ill will towards her, even after years of harassment and abuse...that I, selflessly, only have her best interests and well being at heart...I will oblige her egomaniacal needs.

Holiday Potpourri...starring The Sister.


What is Holiday Potpourri you ask?

"It's only the premier event for Jackson in the Fall. Where have you been?"

Still don't know?

"A Jackson tradition for the last 26 years. We raise money [for school] so we don't have to nickle and dime our parents everyday like some schools..."*




They don't put just anybody in charge of the cash box at the ticket table.  Wonder why she wasn't asked to compose the prayer? Maybe because she told everybody her brother was a "demon."

Despite it all, we want you to know, dear Sister, that Flimsy Cups understands your need for attention and fully  suports the efforts of you and the other mothers to raise enough money to buy the students some toilet paper.

You're welcome.







During the writing of this post, while assuring her that she was going to featured in an upcoming post...I recived the following text....

"You're an ASS." Ass being used here, as in the Bible of course, to mean that I am a donkey and not as a swear word referencing the human buttocks.

*That is a shot at The Boy's school where each child has his own ipod touch and the football field has a Jumbotron...and despite the outrageous touition...we are harassed on a regular basis to buy $100 t-shirts and the Boy has to bring his own bandaides. It beats begging the public at large...might as well be a public school if you're gonna do that.

9 comments:

  1. My brother is especially mean to me. I've decided that it is definitely down to jealousy. No-one can pull off the socks/jelly shoes as well as me.

    It's jealousy Bartlam. Get with the socks/sandals and your sister will be spitting jealousy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ps I've just finally worked out how to reply/comment on blogs I read on my phone so expect sheer genius from now on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We look forward to it.

      She is jealous of my stylish ways.

      Delete
  3. She a kid sister, EF. They're all like that, says she as eldest of 4 girls. Sigh....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a long suffering position to be in...having younger siblings.








      :)

      Delete
  4. I'm a kid sister! It's great. We know just what we can get away with, and just how far to push it, with our older sibling/s. It's born in us.

    It just would not have been possible for you to resist indulging her here.

    (And she's so pretty too!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's true. I just couldn't say no.


    And now that somebody's told her how pretty she is...she'll be completely satisfied and ignore my obvious pleas to recieve even a portion of the love and support she gets from me.







    hahah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your kind words, C! You've finally brought content to the Brother's "blog".

    ReplyDelete