Don't act like y'all don't know where we be neither.



Subscribe in a reader

Monday, October 4, 2010

Post #2 1/2

My wife read the blog this morning...I know, I know...and she said Post #2 was depressing.

That was not my intention...I do not hate my job.  It has it's moments and I really like the people I work with and for.  I certainly do not begrudge my life for making me go to work...it's a very small price to pay for the life I am blessed to live. 

I was just trying to use a circumstance that I thought everybody would be familiar with (especially on a Monday morning) to ask a question about desire often being at odds with Truth.  I feel myself sounding dumber as I try to explain...

How bout this Sugar...

A. You can sit under a rainbow, in a lawn chair, eating Dilly Bars...while a monkey shapes helium balloons into kittens and bunnies, or
B. You can drive across town to help your friend who is stranded on the side of the interstate.

Which would you do?

Which would you rather do?

Why doesn't doing what's right cause the same reaction as the possibility of getting one of those balloon bunnies?

She also said I need to use spell check.

2 comments:

  1. In three short posts, this has already become my favorite blog! I'll leave the philosophy to my husband. Meanwhile, I want one of those balloon animals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is real sweet of you Wren...though I guess if I find myself stranded along I-10, I'll be out of luck if you and T.A. are spending the evening at Chuck E Cheese.

    ReplyDelete