Don't act like y'all don't know where we be neither.



Subscribe in a reader

Friday, November 19, 2010

Biographical Tid Bit #2 Installment 3

Crows don't stop off in Belfast on their way from Dingle to Dublin...but crows don't need money for cigarettes do they? I did...and for a bed and food. That meant finding a British bank.

Technically I wasn't broke broke. I had left 50 bucks in my account so I wouldn't be completely busted when I got back to Germany. At the time though Irish banks and their ATM machines wouldn't process cirrus debit cards. ..so, it was off to Belfast to find a Barclays machine.*

I got there and didn't even have to leave the station. There was a machine just waitin' to give me my money...perfect. I had 30 whole pounds....the warm sensation I immediately began to feel in my pocket was a little troubling, but I was on my way. I had my rail pass...I was ready to rocknroll...get right on the next train to Dublin.

Wrong.

"This ticket's no good up here sonny."

Awwwww crap...I was in a different country.

*There may have been an easier way to do this but if you haven't started to question my judgment by now...I don't know what it would take.

No comments:

Post a Comment