Don't act like y'all don't know where we be neither.



Subscribe in a reader

Monday, November 1, 2010

Post #14

Dunkin Donuts...Donuts taste like a Donkey's Breath.

I stopped by there to get a cup of coffee this afternoon...decafinated Martha...decaf.

Since I had like 25 minutes to wait...the fella in front of me in line was evidently buying the last box of donuts he was ever gonna eat for the rest of his life...there are probably people reading this who took less time to name their own children than this fella did deciding if he could run the risk of eating a powdered donut while wearing a black shirt. It's not even a meal...it's a box of donuts...seriously how bad can the consequences of buying the wrong donut be? You're out 80 cents...of course in his case that's money well spent. Elimating one donut from the list of choices should shave about 20 minutes off his next trip.

'Course I'm never gonna get the time back. I'm the one that's paying in minutes of my life 'cause he can't decide on a 12th donut to make a dozen. He was obviously havin' a great time movin' his finger back and forth between the Bavarian and Lemon Creams.

Anyway I waited there long enough that I started wantin' a donut man...in the worst kinda way. Luckily I'm grown and carry my own wallet...I bought one...powdered sugar cake donut.

It was disgusting...like having someone grate nutmeg straight into your mouth.

How hard do you have to work to mess up a donut? It's fried bread coated in sugar.

2 comments:

  1. I'm often amazed how long we have to wait for 'fast food'. You've reassured me, I thought it was an exclusively British phenomenon.

    Then the terrible disappointment when you finally taste what you've waited so long for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can almost handle it when it's bad service. In fact I reckon I'd be a little worried, a little suspicious, about somebody who was overly enthusiatic about workin' at MacDonalds.
    It's the customers that can't make up thier mind...that order like it's the 60 thousand dollar question...like were not at a Burger stand...that make me batty.
    That and the coupon people...I understand tryin' to save some money, but at what point does the dime you're tryin to save loose it's value...when you have to wait 45 minutes for a manager to drive in on his day off...to okay your discount even though it expired the day before?

    ReplyDelete