Don't act like y'all don't know where we be neither.



Subscribe in a reader

Monday, November 8, 2010

Post #16

Time changed this weekend...set the clocks back an hour.

For some of you this might've meant an extra hour at the club on Saturday night...maybe you got to sleep in on Sunday...wooo hoo for you.

Of course time hasn't actually changed. I know this 'cause the boy got up at like 5:30 this morning...which woulda been 6:30 this time last week.

I was up already though. Sleepin' in for me is actually being woken up by the alarm clock...maybe once or twice a year. Put an extra hour on that...I'm up at 4am tryin' to decide between the sleep disorder info-mercial or the one about slimming jeans for big girls.

"MaaaaMUH! My 'jhamas WET! MA-MUH!"

"Sorry 'bout yer luck bud...Daddy's yer only option before six."

"My 'jhamas WET!"

Actually only his shirt was wet...soaked...his britches were dry, the bed was dry. Just one of the many mysteries a parent encounters at the changing table. Speaking of which we had another episode on the changing table this morning that Rabelais or Joyce...maybe Wilfred Owen...might be able to get away with describing...but I'm not even gonna try and attempt it.

Anyway...we survived the morning and he's gonna have to make it with Daddy until his little body adjusts to the "new" time.

We all gotta adjust...the boredom of my job on a Monday is so immense that it's gravitational pull actual slows down time. So, instead of gettin' off at 5 (which of course woulda been six this time last week)...I'll have to make til 5:03...(6:03 this tim....).

2 comments:

  1. We had this polava last weekend, the point of which is beyond me. No one told little man, and to be honest its now dark at 3-4pm over here, really? Sooner this rubbish gets ditched the better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Day four and the boy seems to be back on track...me on the other hand...

    There were a few states over here that didn't change time, but I know Indiana has recently gone over to changing time.

    I'm afraid the trend is working against you.

    ReplyDelete