Don't act like y'all don't know where we be neither.



Subscribe in a reader

Friday, January 28, 2011

You Got You Crap Daddy?

Today is my last day with my current employer. I took another job a couple of weeks ago and it starts on Feb. 1st.

I'm excited about the new gig but kinda sad to leave the folks around here, but it's time to go.

Not to worry I'll still be traveling...the 2011 ticket challange is still on. In fact, I'll be on the road more than I have been.

While we're at it, and for the record, I have already taken two road trips this year travelling over 1000 miles without a ticket....BUT not without a scrape. Slid through a mound of ice (made from clearing the roads) between Tupelo and Aberdeen...I made it through fine, but the front of the volvo took a beatin'.

It's at the shop now so we've been car-pooling this week. As we're gettin' in the car this morning I realized I'd forgotten my computer bag...

"Aw crap I forgot my bag."

I'm a pro, a veteran, at rushing back in the house for things I've forgotten...so in no time I was back in the front seat when I hear from the back..

"You got you crap Daddy?"

Ooops.

Anyway, I wont be havin' as much time to stalk my favorite blogs (even the one's that have apperantly gone on hiatus), or deal immediately with my Sisters slurs, or perry the blows that Adam tries to land against rocknroll. I'm not going anywhere though...I'll still be blowin' up your stat-counters and dealing with these two...I just won't be as ninja-quick about it.

I've got my crap together and it's almost time to go.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so afraid of the stuff my future kid might say. I have no filter. :(

    I'm notorious for leaving things inside too. I have to go through a long check list as I exit just to make sure I don't end up making multiple trips back inside for my crap.

    Your ninja-quickness will be missed. But good luck starting the new job. :)

    Lor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not to worry I'll still be quick.

    You might be suprised how quickly, and effortlessly you're able to watch what comes out of your mouth when a youngin' shows up.

    I didn't realize it til last football season...it didn't occur to me how uncharacteristically civil I was being until one afternoon when Martha took the boy shopping with her in the middle of the Florida v South Carolina game.

    The second I heard the car crank up...without thinking...I started crusing at the tv. It was like an unconscience reversion.

    The second they were back it stopped.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That makes me feel so much better, that there is an ivisible switch that maybe God himself will be in charge of flipping. Otherwise, my kid is SOL. ;)

    Lor

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'd be amazed at how much comes to you without thinking.

    Good thing too..cause you spend that first six months brain dead.

    ReplyDelete