Don't act like y'all don't know where we be neither.



Subscribe in a reader

Monday, June 6, 2011

Rejection!

Martha hates my artwork.

This weekend she was telling me we needed something to balance out the cabinet that sits on the left side of the couch along a big wall in our living room.

I offered to do a painting...for free.

"It'd really have to be a big one honey."

"It's no problem Sugar...I'll just get a big canvas."

"Well...I really don't get your artwork."

Uh huh...don't get it? I've told her 5,000 times there's nothing to get.

"What...just look at it?"

Yeah...you just look at it. There's nothing to get.

So she knows that's a cop-out and a thinly veiled way of saying..."I hate that **** and it is not going on my living room wall."

Don't get it 003

Really?

11 comments:

  1. "The critic has to educate the public; the artist has to educate the critic."

    Oscar Wilde

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could tell her that when Picasso's wife was less than effusive about his artwork, he tended to just get himself another wife.

    She'll probably laugh at you, but you could still try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't want to get her hopes up.

    Ha Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Martha's taste in artwork is, obviously, exquisite. Bless her soul, it must be tough living with a bona fide "artist," complete with opinions and all.

    Hold your ground. Stick it to'em, Martha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my best friend.

    We've heard from my wife.

    The Sister, who claims blogger won't let her post, called my work "retarded...very Erik-esque."

    That's my support group y'all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I dunno, If you hung that on the far left side of the room, a little lower down, and maybe portrait I reckon it'd be perfect...

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is another dear friend of mine...who is an expert on Loony Toons and Left-handed compliments.


    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Clearly your friends and family know the key difference between the support you require, and the support you think you deserve. :)

    To be fair, this little MS paint job is actually my favourite to date... whatever that means!

    Also on th esubject, I got an email to you sent back in rejection today, I think some pictures I added musta flipped your inbox :-O

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know what it means.

    Bring it haters I feed off it.


    Comcast is the worst. I think it's old soviet software they got on the black market.
    They make improvements to our dvr box every six months that have rendered it almost unusable...by Nov. it'll be as useless as a vcr.

    ReplyDelete
  10. By the way, you made my wife laugh at me...again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. And Allan made more smart remarks about my work on the phone last night.

    ReplyDelete