Don't act like y'all don't know where we be neither.



Subscribe in a reader

Friday, March 9, 2012

For Now.

Photobucket

Just logging on to leave some convenient images of Spring...

Photobucket


...before getting in the car and heading north to visit the in-laws. About a billion parts of pollen per square inch around here right now. If it doesn't rain for a few days everything appears through a greenish yellow haze. It's a strange sight.

This is my dogwood y'all. Hopefully she'll still be in bloom by the time we get back next week. It's about the only time of year I actually notice the back yard.

Photobucket

The neighbors yard will have exploded by the time we get back.

Photobucket

Just one long mound of azaleas...hot pink and white.

For the next couple of days we'll be travelling back in time to barren winter and naked trees. It's been warmer than usual up there this year but, I'm certain, as soon as we cross the Mississippi River into ciaro, illinois...the clouds will roll in and the temperature will drop 20 degrees.

Y'all say a prayer for me too...at least the few of you who aren't heathens. We all know what happened the last time I drove through illinios. &&^%&%^&%^&% Yankee Cops!!!

We've got one refreshing pause before carrying on up there...tonight we'll be on Beale St. in Memphis. Baby!

11 comments:

  1. Hey e.f.
    Just you watch out for cops...be good...drive safe.
    And that is countryside I seem to see - not city as I imagined...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's inside the city limits of Jackson...in fact we live on a busy north/south artery. It's just a lot of old trees.

    I will...we'll be fine tonight. Them yankees are just lookin' for an excuse though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only spring? That looks a lot more like summer to me. Drive safely and arrive well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'll all go bright green in the summer...and wavy from the heat. The back yard will look like a jungle.

      Delete
  4. Drive safe, US police terrify me, they get to carry guns, not like our English coppers. I got stopped once in States for speeding, drove like an elderly Floridian for the reminder of my time there

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah...No guns for cops!

      That's some gun control I might be able to get behind.

      Let me warn y'all...if I make to 80, just stay off the road. I'll be high on bourbon movin' at 100 miles an hour everywhere I go. What's the worry?

      Delete
  5. Safe trip mate get there in one piece and hope the coppers are eating donuts when you cruise on by. Ever thought of keeping a fresh half dozen in the front, just in case, you know bribery with out money.

    Seriously though have a good trip and take care

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Martha drives through illinios now...no cop in his right mind is gonna give her a ticket.

      Delete
  6. I like the spring pics! Drive safe.

    ReplyDelete